Piranesi Plugins for AutoCAD®
AutoCAD 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 can export direct to Piranesi using our lisp routine.
You need Piranesi 6 Pro or Piranesi 2010 (v6.0.1) for this.
Plugin for AutoCAD 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
Plugin for AutoCAD Architecture 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
Plugin for AutoCAD Architecture 2013 (new)
Installing the plugin
- extract the file epix.lsp from the zip file (or epix2010.lsp for AutoCAD Architecture 2013)
- in AutoCAD, enter the appload command
- select the epix.lsp (or epix2010.lsp) file and click Load
- drag this file to the briefcase icon below the "Startup Suite" label:
- if necessary, exit AutoCAD and restart it
Saving an image as an EPix file
- save your AutoCAD model to a file on disk if you haven't done so
- type the command: SaveEPix
or, for AutoCAD Architecture 2013: SaveEPix2010
- specify the height in pixels of the epix file
- specify the name and location of the epix file to create
Other optionsIf you have SketchUp®, you can export to DWG, open this file with SketchUp then export to Piranesi EPix:
- install our SketchUp Plugin then save your model to Piranesi EPix file.
- SketchUp Pro exports direct to EPix
- If you have AutoCAD 2008 or earlier, Vedute can convert your DWG files to EPix (Vedute is included with Piranesi).
- Vedute can also convert 3DS to EPix. 3DS output was withdrawn at AutoCAD 2007 but Autodesk provide a 3DSOUT utility for 2007 and 2008 versions at AutoCAD Services & Support.
- For plan and elevation working, you can use File > Plot > publishtowebPNG to generate a PNG raster file. Then in Piranesi, use File > New > Create an EPix file from an image file.
DWG is the native file format for Autodesk's Autocad software. DWG and AutoCAD are trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. SketchUp is a trademark of Trimble Navigation Limited.